For our youngest children, our first intake, we offer a friendly and safe environment, where an experienced member of staff supported by an assistant, endeavours to ensure learning is fun making their first experience as positive as possible.
Children are admitted to Pre-school Class when they are three and to Reception Class at the age of four. Classes commence at 9.00am and end at 4.15pm.
In the Foundation Stage, ( Pre-school and Reception), pupils can create, discover, investigate, practise and consolidate their developing knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes.
There are six main areas of learning which are:
1. Personal, social and emotional development: Children are encouraged to work individually or as part of a group, to understand there are agreed rules and values in the classroom and to build good relationships with both adults and peers.
2. Communication, language and literacy: Children are encouraged to speak in sentences, experience pre-reading, pre-writing activities, listen to stories and songs, as a precursor to independent reading and writing.
3. Mathematical development: Children are encouraged to engage in number and counting activities, recognise shapes, patterns, measure and do simple addition and subtraction.
4. Knowledge and understanding of the world: Children are encouraged to explore their surroundings, construct with various materials, choose their own activities.
5. Physical development: Children are encouraged to participate in sports, music and movement, by using both small and large equipment.
6. Creative development: Children are encouraged to be involved in all art/craft and design activities such as painting, modelling, cutting and sticking, sand and water play.
For Spanish, P.E., and TEFL, the children are taught by specialist subject teachers.
During the school year there are a number of trips which the children can participate in, such as visiting a farm school, Selwo Marina and Fuengirola Zoo.
St. Anthony's College
St Anthony´s College, Camino de Coin,
Km. 5,25 Mijas Costa – Málaga.